Discussion in 'Mazdaspeed 6 Build Diaries' started by StreetSpeed6, Mar 22, 2019.
I'm gonna cyberbully you so hard
Fight! fight! fight! Lol
Well, guys, I got lazy and hadn't uploaded my pull that I did the other day yet, so I decided to do a rip on the way home today again. VD finally started working again so here are my results today. Not great numbers by any means but I'm alright with them for not even being tuned basically.
Literally, nothing changed on my motor or tune except the bad ring lol So glad I built my motor! I am wondering if having only a CS tip and 2.25" exhaust are restrictions at all yet. I am doing the e-cutout right after I get my tax money most likely and will post a pre and post HP results of it. I am planning to run a 3" cutout and then a 3" pipe back to the Y and leaving it the way it is. I may possibly also experiment with cutting off my Magnaflow mufflers and seeing if it is much louder or not. I love the straight pipe sound but don't want my car to be heard a mile away when I'm not even getting on it.
I am also planning to fix my headlights that need some love. The power plug for my passenger side dim decided to melt apart. what do you guys think about some sort of like this but without the painted section on the top edge and switchback led halos?
Need More Boost
I didn’t even look to see how much I hit but probably only like 18psi lol I am wanting ALLL the BOOOST haha
Odd. Same tune but boost is falling hard up top and youre goin a bit rich. Wanna post the log? You may have a leak
Edit- actually afr was low 11 on the old motor and now 11.7-11.8 on the new one.
You should check out boost controlled cutouts as well. Electronic ones have little motors that are prone to dying. Boost ones are nice and manual. I have a Loudvalve boost controlled cutout and it's great. After 5psi it opens up and that's fine for me. You could get a little manual boost controller in line if you wanted it to be a little more tame.
I will post the log here shortly, but not sure. It is technically a different ko4 tho but should still be working properly. Possibly hitting load limits tho as it climbs in power much faster than before. I have more of an issue hitting boost targets than before the build as well though.
I just finished up boost leak testing tho and everything is going great now so idk
I have thought about this option as well man but I decided for electric instead for one reason. For days when I feel like playing in the speed and not just going point A to B. Then I can drive with it open the whole time if I want lol Brings the kid out in me I guess sometimes haha
Here's the datalog @Sho. I honestly haven't even looked at it yet to know what it looks like. I am suspecting an exhaust leak through my dp or em so could that be the reason for that? I think I have one because I smell exhaust type smells sometimes when I come to a stop and stuff like that.
A boost triggered cutout at only 5psi wouldn't take a ton of throttle to kick open. Without having any experience with any type of cutout, I'd be going mechanical if it were me due to the reputation of the electric ones.
What is the reputation of the electric ones exactly? lol I heard they sometimes leak but only if u get a sucky one and that they are much better than they used to be as well. I just don't want to have to even build boost for it to open so can't really do that with a manually controlled cutout and then shut it back while driving
Nothing looks wildly out of the ordinary on there. Hmm. Maybe just hit load target and it backed off some wgdc since its colder out
The motors on the electric ones tend to go bad.
Yeah mostly seemed fine to me once I took a look as well so idk. Don’t really know what the load cap is on the tune but not very high I do know that and it was about 45-50 outside today. Normally don’t have overboost issues tho anyway so doesn’t surprise me that it drops low. My boost always seems low but probably because I meet my load values I suppose.
The heat fries the electronics. I don't know how sensitive you can make it but with a soft spring and maybe a manual boost controller plumbed in, you can probably get a mechanical one to crack pretty early.
Well at that point tho I might as well run my catless dp and a 3” straightpipe lol
Well guys, taking an idea given to me by @Bigelow I bought a pair of snips and modified them into a tubing bead “roller”. Very simple and straight forward. I didn’t have what was needed to cut the end off or grind it down completely but ground the end of them to clear the pipe.
I tried them out on a scrap piece of pipe I had and it seems to do a decent job. Hopefully I will be able to do my turbo install in the next month or two and will be fixing my ic pipes with my new homemade tool. 400awhp on the way guys! Next up 500 and then possibly 600 if I get lucky later down the road!
that bead looks much better than i thought it would
You and me both lol And that was a scrap piece of pipe that was bent up so the results there are worse than they should be on my actual setup.
Just found out im possibly getting laid off with our worksite shutting down soon due to the corvid 19 issue. I will have plenty of time to do it I guess!
Makes a good enough bead to do the job and put a coupler over it to hide it.
Separate names with a comma.